April 17, 2010
Thank-you for your CD contribution! We have started receiving the CD’s and the money and I want to tell you it feels great every time I go to the mailbox. Over the last few days, I am reminded that a pair of hands with good in their heart took their gift and gave it. I wanted to share with you that I have been truly inspired by Lorelei Loveridge, who while living in the U.K. thought up this fabulous idea of how to help a man in Edmonton who needs us to step up for him and that’s what we are all doing. I’m confident that everyone who has donated a CD has read at least something about Kent Pankow’s situation and I’m sure feels something about the injustice of it. I hope that at the end of the day, in whatever way we help, it represents something that when given a voice grows ever bigger. I know when I look at the world through the eyes of someone experiencing injustice I often feel paralyzed because it looks as though it goes so deep into the ways in which we treat each other on the planet. Although the systems may let us down, we care and this caring within the human spirit is alive and powerful and can move mountains. I want to suggest that however simplistic a few words of encouragement may seem from one person, imagine the impact if all of us musicians and artists said a few words from our hearts and in turn are able to see the common good in each other and inspire those who are in positions of power to act.
So my thought is that every one of us start talking about what is going on via Facebook and start making a noise that will be heard and watch the goodness begin to make ripples that become waves. Lets stand together! Please leave a comment and we will pass it on or here are a couple of other links to have those conversations.
Facebook – 100 Canadian CD’s Needed Now! or Facebook – Team Kent Pankow or Performing Songwriters (United Worldwide)
Song written for Kent Pankow – Broken System
April 9, 2010
A great big thank you goes out to the following Canadian Artists, your donation and your willingness to contribute is huge and we are so grateful. We ask for one more small thing and that is to keep spreading the word and take this to 100 CD’s. On behalf of Team Kent Pankow, Lorelei Loveridge and Quiet Evolution thank you again for your valued contribution to the event 100 Canadian CD’s NEEDED NOW… as seen on Facebook.
Contributing as of April 9, 2010:
- – Quiet Evolution (Edmonton) – http://quietevolution.com
- – Mike Rud (Vancouver) – http://mikerud.com
- – Anna Beaumont (Edmonton) – http://www.annabeaumont.com
- – Chris Wynters – http://chriswynters.com
- – Ian McArthur – http://reverbnation.com/ianmcarthur
- – Joanne Myrol – http://myrolmusic.com
- – Holly Wood Assassyn – http://hollywoodassassyn.net
- – Bill Bourne – http://billbourne.com
- – Greg Amundson – http://myspace.com/gregamundson
- – Sue Hodge – http://soundtouch.ca
- – Souljah Fyah – http://www.souljahfyah.com
- – Amber Boucher – http://www.urbandivide.org/
- – Jim Findlay – http://www.myspace.com/jimfindlay
- – Tim Lovett – http://www.thetimlovettband.com
- – Jay Knutson – http://canoesongs.com
- – Oona McOuat – http://www.oonamcouat.com
- – Ty Cantwell
- – Harpdog Brown – http://www.harpdogbrown.com/
- – Kyler Schogen – http://www.myspace.com/kylerschogen
- – Sherry-Lee Heschel-Wisor – http://www.myspace.com/happyfeaturingsherrylee
- – Bobby Cameron – http://www.bobbycameron.com
- – Monica Munro – http://www.monicamunro.com
- – Celtara – http://www.celtara.ca
- – Magnus William Burdeniuk – http://www.myspace.com/shadowblademusic
- – Lorraine Segato (of Parachute Club) – http://www3.sympatico.ca/getoffmydress
- – The CHICKAdivas – http://www.chickadivas.com
- – James Murdoch Band – http://www.jamesmurdochband.com
- – Ben Sures – http://www.bensures.com
April 3, 2010
This is easy and here is why!
My partner Jodi Seven and I have been following the story of Kent Pankow and were extremely moved by this difficulty for Kent and his family. We watched an online CTV report on Kent’s story (Man fighting brain tumor now in battle with Government) and became especially frustrated by a statement from health Minister Gene Zwozdesky as quoted “I’m very sympathetic to people who are in that situation and need help”. Really, are we so helplessly bound by the systems that we created that common sense and compassion have no place to open doors. I’m quite certain that if the minister of Health was experiencing Kent’s plight personally, something would have already been done.
Then we connected with a Facebook friend in Lorelei Loveridge, someone whom we’ve never met before and she asked us if we would join her in her quest to gather 100 CD’s from Canadian artists to match the 100 CD’s that she is collecting in the UK. We want to help and hope we can count on you, the music community in Edmonton and Canada, in supporting us to organizing a concert fundraiser and to raffle off the 200 CD gift bag. Imagine all that music to add to your collection!
The Where and The How:
1. Donate a Canadian CD and $5 cash to this cause by sending it to Quiet Evolution at:
Quiet Evolution c/o Jodi and Bill
Site 204 Comp #9 RR #2
For more information, contact Jodi or Bill of Quiet Evolution:
Phone: +780 700 2633
2. Tell others and be represented in a very personal but important cause and story. Your love will be appreciated and your music will be too.
‘Share’ this Facebook event and pass it on to others!!! 100 Canadian CD\’s NEEDED NOW!
Bill and Jodi
Final Note: We want to leave you with a song \”Broken System\” by Quiet Evolution
We want to share this with you in awareness not just to one person’s predicament but to anyone who has been frustrated by the bureaucratic systems. It can certainly drain the good will out of us but if I were to blame anyone… I would start with myself because that is the only truth in me that can make a change.
Thanks for listening and please feel free to share if you will.